HAPPY NATIONAL PICKLE DAY!!!
After seeing Rick from Rick & Morty become a bad ass pickle, I realized my love for pickles and my obsession with becoming one. I don't judge you for the fact that you watched The Office and Parks & Rec 6xs all the way through in the last year, so you don't judge me.
Here are some crazy fact about pickles you can bring up at parties to look smarter than your friend getting their masters degree.
1. Cleopatra ate pickles because she believed they are what helped make her stay beautiful.
2. It is estimated that we all each approximately 8-9 lbs of pickles per year....(That's all??)
3. You can hear the crunch of a good pickle 10 paces away...If it doesn't crunch it ain't good enough for me!
4. Pickles helped Christopher Columbus "discovered" america because his crew had rationed pickles and they even made a pit stop in Haiti to grow more for the voyage...
5. Napoleon put up the equivalent of $250,000 as a prize to whoever could figure out the best way to pickle and preserve foods for his troops. (Pickle Ryan once we get that time machine working, I know what we are doing first!)
6. Kool-aid pickles are thing!!! They are made by soaking dill pickles in strong Kool-Aid and are apparently popular in some parts in the US.
7. There is anywhere from 100,000-125,000 acres in the US dedicated to pickles...
8. Michigan and North Carolina makes the most pickles!
9. Shakespeare introduced the phrase "in a pickle" in his play "The Tempest". "How Cam'st thou in this Pickle"
10. According to the US Supreme Court, pickles are technically a "fruit" of the vine, like tomatoes...SO they are technically both a fruit and Vegetable
"Technically, pickles may be considered both a fruit and a vegetable. While they are made from cucumbers, which are a vegetable, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled them a â€˜fruit of the vineâ€™ because of their seeds" - Food Channel 2008
My friend Pickle Ryan and I decided to pickle stuff for National Pickle Day!
We made pickles, of course, but also we pickled Pumpkin, Peppers, Asparagus, Carrots, Green Beans, and.....EGGS!
I was surprised by how good all of it was! Especially the Pumpkin!
Pickles were the best pickles I have ever had! Web Girl Chelsea and Radio Super Hero David Kane loved them as well!
Pumpkin: Was super sweet, if you love pumpkin id recommend, but im not a pumpkin person unless it is pumpkin bread
Peppers: I will never not eat pickled peppers on anything with peppers ever! Sandwiches, fajitas, you name it, it deserves a pickled pepper.
Eggs:....not my thing...My friends loved it though
Carrots: AMAZING!! SO SWEET AND SO MUCH FLAVOR!
asparagus: Never had asparagus really, but I thought this was pretty good!
Green Beans: Good better than just a plain green bean but I'm not like "OMG" about it.