It's Summer, which also means it's vacay season!
Here's a friendly reminder, from your very paranoid Web Girl, to check your rentals for any possible hidden cameras.
How and where to check for such a thing? Here's a list of tips:
- Physically look for them. Move around the furniture. Look in both obvious and unsuspecting places.
- Listen for them. You might be able to hear a buzzing sound coming from them. Try and sit in silence for a moment and listen carefully.
- Turn off the lights. This may sound like a weird one, but turn off the lights and see if you notice any light beams that would only be noticeable in the dark.
- Check the Wi-Fi network. This might be for the more tech savvy, but look up the wi-fi network and see if any cameras are connected to it.
- Use a signal detector. Now if you're real paranoid like myself, get a signal detector. This will be able to detect radio waves given off by the camera.
What do you do if you find a camera? Be sure to contact the police. No one has the right to spy on you, UNLESS you were made aware of it.
Be safe and happy vacationing!